Skip to main content

Kekko Silvestre talks about his depression: 'He decided to turn off my brain'

The depression is a particularly widespread problem, especially in a society like today's where there is often a fear of not feeling up to it of certain situations and you are afraid of being judged negatively when you make a mistake.

Despite everything, even now it is considered a taboo and very few people talk about it openly. Kekko Silvestre, however, wanted to do it without any fear, as he had done shortly before taking part in the 2023 Sanremo Festival, which represented for him a rebirth after a truly difficult.

In fact, almost two years ago, the singer couldn't walk anymore and was convinced he had an incurable disease. It was he himself who told Silvia Toffanin, a guest of Verissimo: “On April 29, 2021, I woke up and I was no longer able to bend my legs or walk & #8211; said –. The days went by, but the situation didn't improve. My partner Laura and I got scared. We called a neurologist, thinking of a degenerative disease” .

However, the doctor soon realized that the cause was another: “The neurologist examined me and told me ‘I have good news and a bad one. The good thing is that you don't have any degenerative disease, the bad thing is that you have depression."

The diagnosis came in a truly unexpected way, above all because he didn't think that depression could also involve movements: “The doctor explained to me that precisely because for years I had repressed my fragility, depression decided to turn off my brain, attacking my muscles.

Kekko Silvestre didn't hide how much this experience frightened him and prompted him to think immediately of his companion, Laura Valente, to whom he has been close for years. The artist thus asked himself an important question:

And if I die, what is left for you?. At that point he decided to go to the Municipality, saying he wanted to do pilates, and had the documents necessary for the wedding delivered. Only in this way, in fact, would she be protected also on a legal level.

Emma Marrone at loggerheads with Kekko Silvestre
We recommend...

Emma Marrone at loggerheads with Kekko Silvestre

The two quickly organized everything: “Definitely not romantic, but that's how it went – Kekko said again -. We brought our families and held a symbolic rite. I thought that if something happened to me, she wouldn't even be able to come to the hospital, she wouldn't have her rights."

It is then impossible not to be moved in front of the letter written by Gioia, the 13-year-old daughter of the Modà frontman, who was a spring for him > to get out of the hardest phase:

“I won't write you a letter like the others but a letter more special than anything else, I will tell you the things I can't convey to you in person &# 8211; wrote the little girl -. You know how much I love you and as a daughter and I tell you that I saw you super charged in Sanremo but before going I saw you worried. Of course as a daughter I don't know how you feel I can't understand your emotions or the sensations you felt. You love music and I know that. Every time you write a song, the first person you let them hear is me, I'm grateful. I would like to tell you many things, but it would become a book. I wish that music makes you feel that great strength that you transmit at every concert and I hope that one day you will take me to Disneyland, I love you infinitely, your Joy".

Kekko couldn't hold back the tears: “Gio Gio is too smart. I tried to keep her illness hidden from her, but she understood it. I didn't go to his communion because I couldn't move from the couch. I was still. I hope you understand, indeed I am sure of it” – he concluded.

The article Kekko Silvestre talks about his depression: “He decided to turn off my brain” comes from DireDonna. p>

Comment Policy: Silahkan tuliskan komentar Anda yang sesuai dengan topik postingan halaman ini. Komentar yang berisi tautan tidak akan ditampilkan sebelum disetujui.
Buka Komentar
Tutup Komentar